VEGAN CASHEW CHEESE
MAJOR KEY: You can speed the process of softened the cashews by using warm water to soak them in.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsps. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. turmeric, optional
- 1 tsp. Tastic spice original, plus more
- Soak the cashews! Place about 1 1/2 cups of cashews in a container with warm water and soak for at least 2 hours. This is incredibly important because it will soften the cashews, allowing them to be fully blended – no one likes little chunks of cashews in their sauces.
- Then, drain the cashews and add all ingredients (cashews, water, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt) to a high-powered blender like a Vitamix and blend until smooth. This will likely be very thick and you will need to manage the speed to ensure that it continues blending. If it’s wayyyy too thick, add a little more water.
- Chill. Spoon the cheese into a jar or container and refrigerate. I don’t know exactly why, but cashew cheeses become much better after refrigerating for several hours. The texture improves and the flavors meld together perfectly
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE