Tumeric Glazed Bacon
It’s bacon. That’s all the motivation you need!
- If you don’t bake your bacon you’re committing a travesty. A travesty I tell ya. Stop popping your self with grease and bake your bacon.
1 lb. of applewood or thick cut bacon
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp turmeric
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment. Arrange bacon in single layer on baking sheet.
- Combine brown sugar, turmeric, dry mustard, basil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Mix well and sprinkle evenly on bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp, cooked and glazed. Let set for a few minutes before serving.