TROPICAL BBQ CHICKEN
- 2 chicken leg quarters (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired; place in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer 1/2 cup to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Return to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with chicken. If desired, top with additional fresh parsley.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!