Triple Sec Beurre Blanc Sauce
This isn't motivation. This is my story :) One of the first things I wanted to master as a new chef was beurre blanc sauce. The sauce looked so luxurious and delicately perfect. It stands out as a passionate moment. What I try to do is connect you with your passion. Your passion in food and life. You deserve to have that!
- Take your time with this recipe. Don't walk away from it :)
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup triple sec
2 tsps minced shallots
2 sticks of unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
- Make a syrup with orange zest, orange juice, wine, triple sec and shallots: Zest half of one orange (about 2 teaspoons) and juice the two oranges (about 3/4 cup).
- Put the juice, zest, wine and shallots in a sauce pan on medium high heat. Cook until syrupy until almost gone.
- Slowly whisk in butter: On low heat, whisk in the butter continuously and vigorously, 1 tablespoon at a time. Butter is the only emulsifier for this sauce, and if you slowly add it, continuously stirring, the sauce will achieve a silky smooth texture. Do not let the sauce boil!
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊