THAI CORN FRITTERS
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (100g) plain flour
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 270g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Place the eggs, flour, garlic, caster sugar, fish sauce, half the corn kernels and half a teaspoon each of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper in a food processor. Process to a puree.
- Add the chopped spring onions and the remaining corn kernels and stir well to combine. Heat the oil in a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, drop tablespoons of corn batter into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm while you make the remaining fritters.
- Stack the fritters on plates and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce, or serve sweet chilli sauce in a bowl for dipping.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!