SWEET POTATO PUREE
MAJOR KEY: Make sure the potatoes are tender when you blend. To get that smooth texture you need tender potatoes. If the potatoes don’t blend well add a little half and half or boiling liquid to loosen them up.
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup half and half
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Tastic Sweet
- 1 tsp Tastic Original
- In a saucepan or Dutch oven add enough water to cover the sweet potatoes. Bring to boiling. Add sweet potatoes. Cover the pan and cook sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. In a food processor or blender whip sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine half and half, butter, maple syrup and Tastic spices in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat through.
- Through chute or opening add butter mixture to sweet potatoes.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE