SWEET POTATO PUREE
Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes
MAJOR KEY: Make sure the potatoes are tender when you blend. To get that smooth texture you need tender potatoes. If the potatoes don’t blend well add a little half and half or boiling liquid to loosen them up.
3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
¼ cup half and half
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp Tastic Sweet
1 tsp Tastic Original
- In a saucepan or Dutch oven add enough water to cover the sweet potatoes. Bring to boiling. Add sweet potatoes. Cover the pan and cook sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. In a food processor or blender whip sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Meanwhile, combine half and half, butter, maple syrup and Tastic spices in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat through.
- Through chute or opening add butter mixture to sweet potatoes.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones