Sweet Potato Pie with Butterscotch and Chocolate
MAJOR KEY: Make sure your pie crust is cold. A room temperature pie crust will not turn out flaky. Bake pie on a baking sheet in case of spillage.
1/3 cup butter, soften
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lighly beaten
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup condensed milk (or evaporated milk)
2 cups roasted or boiled sweet potato
1 tbsp. Tastic Sweet*
¼ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 tbsps. rum, optional
1 unbaked pastry shell, If making from scratch use this recipe CLICK HERE
½ cup butterscotch chips, optional
½ cup milk chocolate chips, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well.
- Blend sweet potatoes, milks, vanilla, Tastic, salt and rum; mix well. Pour egg mixture in and blend well.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350; bake for 30-40 minutes longer or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Melt butterscotch and chocolate in microwave in a microwave safe dish. Be sure to melt in increments of 15 seconds so you don’t burn butterscotch or cause chocolate to seize up.
- Drizzle butterscotch and chocolate over pie. Serve with whipped cream.
*Tastic Spice is available at www.chefjjackson.com