SWEET POTATO GRITS
MAJOR KEY: Be sure to consistently whisk grits to prevent lumps.
- 1 ½ cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup stone ground grits
- 1 cup of sweet potato puree
- Tastic original and Tastic sweet
- 2 tbsps. butter
- In a large, heavy saucepan, combine the stock or water and milk and bring to a gentle boil over low-medium heat. Slowly add the grits and whisk consistently.
- After a few minutes add the sweet potato puree. Season with Tastic sweet and original. Continue stirring grits over low flame until creamy and thick. If grits become too thick before being cooked and more stock or milk.
- Finish by adding in butter. Top with virtually anything. GRITS ARE LIFE 😊
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE