- 6 slices bacon or vegan bacon
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 large orange, yellow, or red bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups sliced okra
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears) or 1 (14.4-ounce bag frozen)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved (or 2 large tomatoes, diced)
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoke paprika
- Tastic spice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove using tongs or slotted spoon to allow the drippings to stay in the pan. Drain the bacon on paper towels and crumble. Set aside.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the onion, paprika, and Tastic spice. Cook until the onion is translucent – about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute- being cautious not to burn it. Use a slotted spoon to remove the onion, paprika, Tastic spice, and garlic to a small bowl and keep the drippings in the pan. Set the vegetables aside.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet. Once bubbling, add the lima beans. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until done to your liking. Add the okra and cook, stirring occasionally, until the okra has caused the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Add the corn and return the onions, paprika, Tastic spice, and garlic to the pan. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the corn is tender. Add the vinegar and stir. Add paprika and Tastic spice to taste. Add the tomatoes and stir to combine. Remove from the heat. The residual heat will cook the tomatoes through. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE