STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE MOUSSE TRIFLES
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 T. white sugar
- 3 T. salted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 T. lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 1/2 T. hot water
- 1 1/2 t. unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- red food coloring
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounces strawberry jam (no seeds)
- Add graham crackers to a medium mixing bowl, drizzle hot butter over the top and mix well. Divide the mixture between 8 ramekins or dessert cups. Press the graham cracker mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the cups.
- Pour lemon juice and water into small bowl. Mix in powdered gelatin. Let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 of the powdered sugar into the whipped cream and food coloring if you are using it.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream cheese until smooth, mix strawberry jam into the cream cheese. Then add the remaining 2/3 cup powdered sugar and minced strawberries.
- Whip the gelatin mixture until all of the lumps are gone. If there are still lumps, pour the mixture through a sieve.
Pour gelatin mixture into cream cheese mixture and whip with an electric mixer until all combined. Then fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Scoop the combined cream cheese filling into the dessert cups and let them set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You can make this dessert the day before by covering the cups with cling wrap.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!