STICKY APPLE PECAN PANCAKE
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (GF Option: use a gluten-free flour blend + 1 teaspoon xanthan gum, unless flour blend already contains it.)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk (or milk alternative such as soy, almond, coconut, etc...)
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (GF Option: use a gluten-free brand)
- Cooking spray - for cooking
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled (peeling is optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar; make a "well" in the center.
- In a separate bowl, mix together milk, egg, canola oil, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; stir just until ingredients are combined. DO NOT OVER STIR. The batter should be thick and a little lumpy - without any visual sign of streaks of flour. Add a couple of additional splashes of milk if batter appears too dry or too thick. Set batter aside for 5 minutes.
- Spray the bottom of a non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the hot skillet. Flip when surface bubbles begin to pop and the bottom side is golden brown. GENTLY flip the pancake over and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Serve hot with Sticky Topping and pure maple syrup.
- STICKY TOPPING: Place pecans into a separate non-stick skillet; cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until pecans turn a shade or two darker. Add butter. After butter melts, add sugar and cinnamon; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add apples; stir until tender. Spoon hot topping over pancakes.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!