SPRING VEGETABLE GNOCCHI
- Potato gnocchi (whole-wheat if preferred)
- Olive oil, or butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh asparagus
- Frozen spring peas, thawed if frozen
- Parmesan cheese (see notes for dairy-free version)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (see notes for dairy-free version)
- Fresh lemon juice and lemon zest
- Red pepper flakes, if desired
- Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until done according to package directions. Drain and lightly rinse with water. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, shallots and pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until shallots are slightly soft.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 8-10 minutes until asparagus is fork tender. Stir in the peas and cooked gnocchi, then cook for another 2-3 minutes until peas are heated through.
- Enjoy as is, or garnish with fresh basil.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!