SLOPPY JOE NACHOS
- Frito-Lay TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips (13 ounce bag)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 ounces tomato paste (1/2 of a 6 ounce can)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound cheddar-jack cheese (shredded)
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions (chopped tomatoes)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef, onions, and bell pepper until meat is brown and cooked thoroughly. Drain off any fat.
- While heating over low to medium heat, stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water into the meat until combined. Stir in brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Stir until all ingredients are combined with the meat and mixture is hot. Remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a metal pie plate, place a layer of TOSTITOS, then a couple scoops of the sloppy joe mixture, followed by shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Place pan in oven and cook until cheese is hot and melted (about 5 minutes). Remove from oven and top with sliced green onions and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!