Skillet Seared Peach Salad with Honey & Pepper Goat Cheese
You’ve been sayin’ you don’t eat salad because they are boring. Sir/Ma’am this salad is far from boring. This salad is delicious af and you now have zero reasons not to eat more salads!! Love the green!
- When you pre-toss greens in dressing they wilt. Toss at the very last minute. Additionally, rinse greens in cold water so they maintain their “crisp.”
4 cups of mache lettuce
1 peach sliced into wedges
Whipped Goat Cheese
5 ozs goat cheese
3 tbps mascarpone
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 lemon, zested
1 tsp. Tastic spice*
Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. Tastic spice original*
- Preheat a cast iron skillet with a drizzle of olive oil over high heat.
- Sear peaches for a couple minutes on each side until you get char marks. Set aside to cool or place in fridge.
- In a medium size bowl wish goat cheese ingredients until mixed well. You can also put in a blender, but you a whisk for a good workout 😊
- In a small bowl whisk dressing ingredients together. Adjust to taste with tastic spice.
- Spread some of the whipped goat cheese on a plate. Place cooled peaches on top of goat cheese. Toss mache with dressing or serve on the side. Dig in.
*Tastic spice is available at www.chefjjackson.com