SHRIMP AND PINEAPPLE PIZZA WITH CHIPOTLE GLAZE
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large poblano chile
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) ball pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Combine the chiles, adobo sauce, brown sugar, honey, lime juice, mustard, and soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the broiler. Place the poblano chile on a small rimmed baking sheet. Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, turning the chile occasionally, until charred on all sides. Remove from the oven and transfer to a resealable bag. Let rest for about 20 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Peel the chile, remove the seeds, and dice.
- Toss the shrimp with the olive oil and arrange on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Broil the shrimp for 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and dice.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F, or as high as your oven will go. Transfer the pizza dough to a lightly floured work surface and roll out to a thin 15-inch circle. Transfer to a large heavy baking sheet. Sprinkle the Monterey Jack and cotija over the dough. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the crust begins to brown and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top with the pineapple, poblano chiles, corn, and shrimp. Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the ingredients are warmed through. Drizzle the chipotle glaze over the pizza and serve.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!