SEARED REDFISH WITH CRAWFISH CREAM SAUCE
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 8 (6-ounce) redfish fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- Garnish: fresh oregano leaves, fresh thyme leaves
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add almonds; cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and almonds are browned. Remove from skillet.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Dust fish with flour. In a large skillet, heat oil and ¼ cup butter over medium heat. Add 4 fish fillets; cook until fish is browned and flakes easily with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Place on a serving platter. Repeat with remaining fish. Top with almond mixture.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and add garlic and remaining ¼ cup butter to skillet. Add cream; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Stir in crawfish tails; cook until heated through. Stir in thyme, oregano, and sherry. Spoon crawfish mixture over fish. Garnish with oregano and thyme, if desired.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!