SCRUNCHED CABBAGE SALAD WITH GRAPEFRUIT AND CHILES
- 1 head of Napa cabbage (about 2 lb.)
- ¼ cup pickled chile vinegar (from Pickled Hot Chiles)
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruit
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Pickled Hot Chiles
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Salt
- Cut cabbage in half lengthwise. Cut notch in base of each half to remove core; discard. Tear leaves into 2" irregular pieces and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar and season with sea salt. Massage and scrunch cabbage firmly with your hands to soften and season leaves.
- Using a sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from grapefruit; discard. Cut grapefruit into quarters, then coarsely tear quarters into chunky pieces. Remove and discard any seeds or thick membranes. Add grapefruit to bowl with cabbage. Drizzle 2 Tbsp. oil over and toss to coat. Add mint and toss again.
- Transfer salad to a large platter. Drizzle with more oil and top with pickled chiles and Sesame Salt.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!