ROASTED CHICKEN WITH 3 SPICE BLENDS & 2 SAUCES
MAJOR KEY: Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
1 whole (3 lb.) chicken
1 orange, lemon & lime, cut in wedges
a handful of your favorite fresh herbs (I like rosemary & thyme)
1 stick of soften butter, plus 1/2 stick melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix butter and 2 tbsp of Tastic spice.
3. Generously rub entire chicken with Tastic spice (inside and out).
4. Loosen skin of chicken and stuff with seasoned softened butter.
5. Stuff chicken with the cut citrus and herbs. Place in a roasting pan.
6. Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with additional melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.
JAMAICAN JERK RUB
MAJOR KEY: This recipe should do about 2 pounds of meat.
1 1/2 tsps ground allspice
1 1/2 tsps dried thyme
1 tsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsps Tastic spice*
1 1/2 tsps cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1. Mix together all spices thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
2. To use, rub on chicken, pork, or shrimp 15-20 minutes before grilling.
SHWARMA SPICE BLEND
MAJOR KEY: Makes about 1/2 cup.
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom (or cloves)
1 tsp ground coriander
1 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsps ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp Tastic spice*
1. Add all spices to a small jar and shake or stir to combine. Will keep at room temperature for several months.
2. This spice blend is ideal for seasoning things like chickpeas, roasted vegetables, curries and more!
SMOKY-SWEET BBQ RUB
MAJOR KEY: Makes about 1 cup.
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 tbsps plus 2 tsps smoked paprika
2 tbsps granulated sugar
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tsps freshly ground pepper
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1. Stir together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.
CLASSIC PEANUT SAUCE
MAJOR KEY: Peanut sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
1 1" piece ginger, peeled
1 small garlic clove
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tbsps reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tbso fresh lime juice
1 tsp (packed) light brown sugar
1/4 -1/2 tsps crushed red pepper flakes
1. With motor running, drop ginger and garlic clove into a blender and blend until finely chopped.
2. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and 1/3 cup water and blend, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed to thin, until smooth.
ROLL TIDE ALABAMA WHITE SAUCE
MAJOR KEY: Makes about 1 cup
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsps brown sugar
1 tbsp brown mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp prepared horseradish
1 tbsp Tastic Spice*
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth and well combined.
2. Transfer to a lidded jar. Use immediately or let set in the refrigerator for 24 hours to let the flavors meld together. Will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Tastic spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊