ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH GOCHUJANG BROWN BUTTER
- 3 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved if large
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Tastic Spice original*
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cashews (optional)
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- ½ lemon
- Flaky sea salt
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and set a rimmed baking sheet on each; preheat oven to 500°. Toss brussels sprouts with oil in a large bowl to coat; season with Tastic spice. Carefully (baking sheets will be hot!) divide brussels sprouts between baking sheets and spread out in a single layer; reserve bowl. Roast, rotating baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until brussels sprouts are charred in spots and tender, 16–18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, if using cashews, toast in a dry medium skillet over medium heat, tossing often, until fragrant and slightly darkened, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, swirling occasionally, until milk solids are a deep amber color and butter smells very nutty, 5–8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in gochujang and agave. Season with Tastic spice.
- Combine brussels sprouts, half of cashews, and half of scallions in reserved bowl; add brown butter mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a platter and scatter remaining cashews and scallions over. Finely grate lemon zest on top; sprinkle with sea salt.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE