QUICK AND EASY VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH (EDIBLE)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (gluten-free if preferred)
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon plant-based milk, such as oat or soy (plus more if needed)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips, or 1.5 oz chopped vegan chocolate
To heat treat flour (choose one method):
- Microwave method (my preferred technique): add the flour to a heat-proof dish then microwave for 45 - 60 seconds until the flour reaches 160°F (71°C). I use an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of the flour to test how hot it is. Allow the flour to cool before using.
- Oven method: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the flour evenly over the parchment paper then bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before using.
To make vegan cookie dough:
- Add the vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to a large bowl or mixer bowl. Whisk until creamy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of plant-based milk and vanilla extract and mix in. Add the flour and mix to form a dough. If the dough is too dry, add more plant-based milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach a stiff dough.
- Lastly, stir in the chocolate chips. Enjoy it right away or store it in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days or you can freeze it.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE