OYSTER PASTA WITH LEMON HERB SAUCE
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup French bread crumbs
- ½ cup plus 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 32 fresh select oysters, shucked and drained
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces pappardelle pasta, cooked according to package directions
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place parsley, 3 tablespoons oil, and garlic; process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bread crumbs over medium heat until lightly toasted. Add 2 tablespoons butter; cook until butter is melted and bread crumbs are browned. Remove from skillet; let cool. Stir in pecans and Parmesan. Wipe skillet clean.
- In a medium bowl, toss together oysters, flour, and Creole seasoning. Remove excess flour from oysters. Heat 3 tablespoons butter and remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add oysters; cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from skillet, and let drain on a wire rack. Wipe skillet clean.
- Melt remaining ½ cup butter in skillet. Add shallot; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; cook for 5 minutes. Add cream; cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add parsley mixture; cook for 5 minutes.
- Toss mixture with cooked pasta. Divide among 8 serving plates. Top with oysters, and sprinkle with bread crumbs mixture. Serve immediately.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!