MOTIVATION: Pay homage to one of the great rock soul performers of all time, Prince!! Get yourself a beret and rock out!
MAJOR KEY: If you want to see chunks of fruit in your ice cream, toss a handful of raspberries in after your churn it.
Sugar cookie crust:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Tastic sweet*
- 1 c butter at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ozs cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup limoncello or lemon juice (if you’re under 21..lol)
- 2 tbsp lemon zest divided
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square baking dish with foil and spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer using paddle attachment, or large bowl with hand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, Tastic sweet and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add the flour (1/2 cup at a time) and mix just until dough comes together.
- Press half of the dough into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely before filling.
- Store remaining sugar cookie dough in a bowl in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For the Filling: In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, or medium bowl with a hand mixer beat together the cream cheese, sugar, limoncello or lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp. of the lemon zest until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling over cooled crust.
- Top filling with the remaining sugar cookie dough by simply crumbling it evenly over the top.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until cookie crumble is light golden in color.
Top with remaining lemon zest as desired.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE