PAPRIKA CHICKEN THIGHS
INGREDIENTS:6 chicken thighs
RED BEANS & RICE
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, salt-free
- 3 (15-ounce) cans red beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Working in batches, add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, garlic and Cajun seasoning until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in red beans, chicken stock, hot sauce, bay leaf and sausage; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; continue to simmer until reduced, an additional 15 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, mash beans until slightly thickened, if desired; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with rice and garnished with parsley, if desired.
1 pkg tropical punch kool-aid
1 bottle red wine (i prefer cabernet)
·1 cup apple juice
1green apple, sliced
1red apple, sliced
1. In a pitcher, dump in entire contents of Kool-Aid packet and about 1/2 cup of sugar and melt down with warm water and stir. Fill the pitcher about 1/4 of the way with cool water
2. Add half the bottle of red wine and then the rest of the pitcher with apple juice. (Be sure to taste test along the way since we all prefer different levels of sweetness and alcohol.) If it seems too strong, add water.