HEALTHY BREAKFAST EGG MUFFINS
- nonstick cooking spray
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- sliced avocado, for serving
- salsa, for serving
- crumbled cotija or feta cheese, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray. We used a Silpat Muffin Mold, because it’s nonstick.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
3. Stir in the spinach, tomatoes and onions, salt, and pepper.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin pan cups (a spring-form ice cream scooper helps).
5. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked.
6. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan. They may be puffy and lopsided, but they will deflate evenly as they cool. Use a knife to loosen the muffins from the cups, if necessary.
7. Top each muffin with sliced avocado, a dollop of salsa, and a sprinkling of cheese, then serve.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!