GREEN CURRY CAULIFLOWER ROAST
MAJOR KEY: Don't be afraid to let the cauliflower brown up a bit. That caramelization is delicious :)
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsps. olive oil
1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
2 tbsps. coarsely chopped basil
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsps. green curry paste
1 tbsp. Tastic spice
2 tbsps. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 large cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe pan over medium heat, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for approximately 3 minutes until just softened, lowering the heat if necessary to prevent the garlic from burning. Stir in the coconut milk, basil, maple syrup, curry paste, Tastic, and lime juice. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the curry mixture thickens slightly.
- Meanwhile, trim all the leaves from the base of the cauliflower. Trim the thick part of the stalk as much as necessary so the cauliflower can sit flat in the skillet.
- Place the cauliflower bottom side up in the skillet and pour half of the curry mixture onto the bottom, allowing it to seep into the cauliflower florets for a minute. Then flip it right side up and pour the remaining curry mixture over top. The excess will pool around the cauliflower. Use a brush to coat all parts of the cauliflower.
- Roast for 45 minutes, basting once or twice during the bake time, until tender and golden caramelized color forms on the outside of the cauliflower.
- Carve into thick slices and serve immediately.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones