Crispy potato stick deviled eggs
8 boiled large eggs
1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
2 tsps. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. mayonnaise
1 tsp. Tastic original
For potato sticks:
Canola oil, for deep-frying (about 1-2 inches of oil)
1 Yukon gold potatoes
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add cream cheese, mustard and Tastic; beat until blended. Pipe into empty egg whites.
- Place oil in a large, deep, pan, Dutch oven or deep-fryer. Attach a deep-fry thermometer to monitor the temperature and heat oil to 350F.
- While oil is heating, wash and peel potato and remove any dark spots.
- Using a mandoline slicer fitted with the julienne blade and slice potatoes into matchsticks.
- Place sliced potatoes in a large bowl of ice water for 10 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water bath and place on paper towels or clean dish cloths to dry completely. Pat the potatoes dry or use a salad spinner, if available. The dryer the potatoes, the less excess splattering there will be.
- Once oil is 350F, place dried potatoes (1-cup at a time) in the oil and stir to separate them. Adjust temperature to keep it as close to 350F as possible.
- Fry 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 minutes or until dark golden brown – watch closely and stir often.
- Transfer cooked potatoes with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel covered surface and season with Tastic. Place on piped deviled eggs. Serve!