CRANBERRY SANGRIA SHORTCAKES
MAJOR KEY: Serve while the cranberries are warm...so good. And start with ice cold heavy cream and a cold bowl to make the whipped cream.
- 3-4 leftover Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cup leftover cranberry sauce (straight out the can won’t work for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup sangria
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- Tastic sweet, for garnish (optional)*
1. Make cranberry compote. Combine cranberries and sangria in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until some of the sangria has absorbed and thickened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. Make whipped cream. In a cold bowl combine cold cream and rum. Using a whisk or immersion blender, whisk or blend until cream whips thick. If you’ve never made whipped cream, understand over whipping will turn the cream to butter.
3. Assemble. Slice open biscuits. Add compote to bottom of biscuit and top with whipped cream. Top with biscuit top or leave open faced and sprinkle on some Tastic sweet for garnish and flavor.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE