COQUITO POUND CAKE WITH RUM RAISIN FROSTING
Vanilla Pound Cake:
- Krusteaz Vanilla Pound Cake Mix
- 10 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 (7 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, or 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Rum raisin frosting
- Tastic Spice Sweet*
1. Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 8x4inch loaf pan.
2. Stir together 3/4 cup coquito, melted butter, egg and cake mix until blended. Spoon batter into pan. (Do not eat raw batter).
3. Bake 38-42 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; gently loosen and remove from pan. Cool cake completely before drizzling with lemon glaze.
4. FOR GLAZE: Whisk together sweet glaze mix (enclosed) and 1½ -2 Tbsp coquito until glaze is desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled pound cake. Allow glaze to set before serving.
TIP: For perfect pound cake slices, cut with a serrated knife when completely cool.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE