COPYCAT MCDONALD'S STRAWBERRY AND CREAM MINI PIES
- 15 ounces refrigerated pre-made pie crust
- 2 cups hulled and chopped strawberries
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3½ tablespoons granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a food processor, process the strawberries with ½ tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the egg, cream cheese, remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, and vanilla. Blend until fluffy.
- Unroll the 2 pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 12 rectangles (6 per sheet of dough).
- Cut a small slit or heart into 6 of the rectangles (to allow steam to escape).
- Place a spoonful of cream cheese filling next to a spoonful of the strawberry mixture onto each of the other 6 rectangles (without the slits), leaving room along the edge. (You can also put down the cream cheese first, and top with the strawberries.)
- Cover each filled rectangle with a layer of dough (the pieces with the slits) and use a fork to secure the edges well.
Brush lightly with egg and sprinkle with a little extra sugar if desired.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned. Let cool before enjoying.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!