Coconut Curry Grits
I feel the sequence went like this: Let there be light. Now let there be grits. Grits were put on this planet for you! It is your duty to discover the power of grits. Get woke, eat grits.
- Grits are creamy and luxurious. The consistency can always be adjusted with more liquid or more grits. If your grits are too thick add additional stock or water.
- Stir them often during the cooking process. You want zero lumps.
1 cup old fashioned grits (I'm a not a fan of quick grits)
3 cups of stock
1 cup half and half
1 can full fat coconut milk
6 tbsp butter or buttah (as I like to call it)
3 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp tumeric
2 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp paprika
Tastic spice original, to taste*
- Bring stock and coconut milk to a boil. Slowly stir in grits and incorporate evenly.
- Allow the grits to slow cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes, while occasionally stirring.
- Add half and half and continue to stir until cooked through. Your grits should have a smooth and creamy texture. Add buttah and spices and continue stirring.
- At this point your grits should love you. Adjust to taste to Tastic spice. Enjoy!
*Tastic spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊