CHURRO EGGNOG FRENCH TOAST WITH A SPLASH OF RUM
MAJOR KEY: I preach one thing with every single recipe. Quality ingredients, produce a quality result. Use rum instead of extract. Use vanilla bean instead of extract.
For the french toast:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 tbsp of rum or 1 tbsp rum extract
- 1/2 cup Tastic Sweet*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh orange zest (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh nutmeg
- 8 slices of Brioche or Challah (You can you an inferior bread like white, but I don't recommend it 🤨
For insane icing:
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powder sugar
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp rum or 1 tsp rum extract
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- Combine Tastic sweet, zest and sugar in a small shallow bowl.
- Dip 2 slices bread into egg mixture until soaked through, then add to skillet and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and immediately toss in cinnamon sugar. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and crisp up while you cook remaining bread slices.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, rum and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle French toast with Insane Icing before serving.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE