CHUNKY MONKEY BANANA PANCAKES
MAJOR KEY: Cherries are not "traditionally" in chunky monkey pancakes. But since when do I follow tradition? 😜 So, feel free to remove or add another fruit or flavor that you think works well with bananas like walnuts or blueberries.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Tastic Sweet*
3/4 cup skim milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cherry extract
1 large banana, diced, plus 1 more banana cut in circles
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
1/4 cup dried cherries (or fresh pitted ones)
2 tablespoons rum
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, Tastic and salt in a large bowl. Set bowl aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the skim milk, melted butter, eggs, sugar, and extracts. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix the batter. Gently fold in the banana, chocolate chips, and nuts.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
3. In a separate skillet over medium heat add butter and melt. Add brown sugar, bananas and toss/stir for 30 seconds. Add rum, ignite (optional) and cook until rum has evaporated. Let cool slightly.
4. Top pancakes with flambe bananas and some additional cherries.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE