- You can use a springform pan for this recipe also
- Pay attention to not overbake the brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, divided
- One 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 1 tbsp Tastic sweet*
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups graham crackers, grounded up
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 inch pan or line with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out (makes cutting easier!). Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix graham crackers, sugar and melted butter. Press (evenly) into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brownie batter: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 3/4 cup butter (12 Tbsp; 1 and 1/2 sticks) and chopped chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk in the granulated sugar until completely combined, then whisk in the eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. The batter will be light brown and a little dull looking.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, Tastic and salt. Fold it all together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Batter will be thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then test the brownies with a toothpick. Insert it into the center of the pan. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies are not done. If there are only a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done. Keep checking every 2 minutes until you have moist crumbs. My brownies take 33-36 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares. Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature for up to 1 week.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE