CHOCOLATE BERRY BREAKFAST BANANA SPLITS
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, divided
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup low-fat coconut strained yogurt
- 1 cup whole-milk chocolate strained yogurt (see Tip)
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- 4 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
Whisk almond butter, cacao powder, water and 1 tablespoon maple syrup in a small bowl until smooth.
Whisk cream and the remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
Arrange 2 banana halves on each of 4 plates. Use an ice-cream scoop to divide coconut and chocolate yogurts among the bananas. Drizzle the almond sauce over the yogurt. Divide pineapple, granola, chocolate chips and coconut among the banana splits. Top with the whipped cream.
To make your own chocolate yogurt, stir 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder into 2/3 cup vanilla strained yogurt.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE