CHICKEN AND AVOCADO SALAD
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups romaine lettuce or baby spinach
- 1 large tomato, cut in a large dice
- 1 small red onion, cut in a medium dice
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut in a half moons
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cilantro fresh or dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Wash and pat the chicken breasts dry.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, two large pinches of salt, a few cracks of black pepper, and olive oil.
- Evenly sprinkle the spices on each side of the chicken breasts.
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook chicken on medium heat, flipping halfway through cook-time, until it’s no longer pink in center (approximately 15 minutes, depending on thickness).
- Add all the ingredients (except for the chicken and avocado) to a large salad bowl, drizzling the olive oil, and sprinkling the salt, pepper, and cilantro. Toss with tongs.
- Remove the chicken and cut diagonally into strips. Place on top of salad along with the sliced avocado, and serve immediately.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!