Cafeteria Lady Brownies
Look whether you liked school lunch in grade school or not, you survived! And whether your cafeteria staff cared or not, they nourished you. Let’s give back by making these brownies that remind me of the one highlight lunch had to offer: brownies! Well, that and tater tots. 😊
- You want the brownies warm when you frost them. You don’t want them hot.
1 cup butter, melted
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp Tastic sweet*
4 large eggs
4 tsps vanilla
¼ cup butter, softened
¼ cup milk
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand-mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- Add the flour, Tastic sweet and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don't over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them!
- For Chocolate Frosting: Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread over warm brownies. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
*Tastic Sweet is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊