Motivation: These are definitely the waffles you make when you don’t want to have to add syrup.
- Be prepared to share.
¾ cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
6 tbsps vegetable oil (or melted butter)
1 large egg, separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup butterscotch chips
1 tbsp Tasic Sweet*
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, Tastic sweet, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together the milk, oil, egg yolk and vanilla until well combined.
- In a third bowl - preferably glass or metal - beat the egg white until peaks form.
- Add the wet ingredients and butterscotch chips to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined and moistened. Gently fold in in the beaten egg white. The batter should be a little bit lumpy.
- Dollop the batter onto the waffle maker in amount indicated by your waffle maker's instructions. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite topping. I Fresh whipped cream, fruit or this easy Butterscotch Sauce recipe.
*Tastic Sweet is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones 😊