GARLIC BROWN BUTTER CROUTONS
- 6 oz. country-style bread, torn into 1" irregular pieces (about 4 cups)
- 10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place bread in a large bowl. Cook garlic and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, swirling often, until foaming subsides, butter turns golden brown, and garlic is fragrant, 6–8 minutes. Drizzle garlic butter over bread and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out bread mixture on a small rimmed baking sheet. Bake croutons until deep golden brown and crisp, 20–25 minutes. Let cool, then pluck out and discard garlic cloves.
- Do Ahead: Croutons can be made 1 week ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!