Bourbon Peach Burger
1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce
½ cup Coca Cola
1 yellow onion
3 Ripe Peaches, about 1 cup coarsely diced
½ cup Bourbon
½ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
3 lbs. fresh ground sirloin or chuck
4 tbsp butter
4 Hamburger Rolls
4 tbsp. soft Brie
Arugula or your favorite lettuce
- Preheat the grill to medium high
- Mix he barbecue sauce and Coca Cola together in a medium pan on the grill and simmer for about 20 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Cut the onion in half and slice. Caramelize over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add in the nutmeg, bourbon and chopped peaches. Simmer until the peaches are soft and bourbon is cooked down.
- Mix the ground beef and butter until combined. Separate the meat mixture into 4 equal lightly formed balls and form to a size that is approximately the same as the rolls.
- If grilling, oil grate and preheat to medium high. If using a fry pan, heat over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes or each side for medium. Season meat with Tastic spice while cooking. Approximately one minute before burgers are done, glaze with barbecue sauce.
- Assemble burger: Spread brie on buns, add lettuce, add burger and top with peach and onion mixture. Drizzle more barbecue sauce as needed. Enjoy!
*Tastic Spice is available at www.chefjjackson.com