"BACON" LOVER'S BLT
MAJOR KEY: Add some serious crunch with crushed up potato chips.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup agave
- ¼ tamari
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Tastic original
- 1 – 8 oz. package tempeh, ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 8 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 avocados
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Tastic spice original
- 10 slices whole-grain bread toasted
- Lettuce and sliced tomato
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, agave, tamari and spices. Add the tempeh and toss to coat. Transfer to a zip-top plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the tempeh from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off; reserve the marinade. When the skillet is hot, toss in the tempeh. Panfry for 6 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned on both sides. Add a little of the reserved marinade to the pan for extra flavor.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the aioli ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Combine the avocado, lemon juice and Tastic in a medium bowl. Mash with the back of a fork until the avocado is broken (slightly chunky). Add Tastic to taste preference.
- Spread aioli on one slice of bread, then bacon, avocado, lettuce, and tomato. Add another slice of bread and repeat ingredients. Top with a slice of bread and dig in.
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE