"BACON" LOVER'S BLT
MAJOR KEY: Add some serious crunch with crushed up potato chips.
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup agave
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp Tastic original
1 – 8 oz. package tempeh, ¼ inch thick
½ cup vegan mayo
8 roasted garlic cloves
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tsps lemon juice
Tastic spice original
10 slices whole-grain bread toasted
Lettuce and sliced tomato
- In a medium bowl, combine the oil, agave, tamari and spices. Add the tempeh and toss to coat. Transfer to a zip-top plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the tempeh from the marinade, allowing any excess to drip off; reserve the marinade. When the skillet is hot, toss in the tempeh. Panfry for 6 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned on both sides. Add a little of the reserved marinade to the pan for extra flavor.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the aioli ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Combine the avocado, lemon juice and Tastic in a medium bowl. Mash with the back of a fork until the avocado is broken (slightly chunky). Add Tastic to taste preference.
- Spread aioli on one slice of bread, then bacon, avocado, lettuce, and tomato. Add another slice of bread and repeat ingredients. Top with a slice of bread and dig in.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones