BACON, GINGER AND EDAMAME FRIED RICE
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 rashers bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 4 cups (580g) cooked jasmine rice or other long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup (70g) pickled ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup (80g) chili paste with soybean oil
- 1 cup podded edamame, blanched and refreshed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Seasoned nori, wasabi & soy sauce, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes until fat has rendered from bacon. Add rice, ginger and chili paste, and stir for 5-6 minutes to coat rice. Add edamame and stir to warm through. Lightly whisk eggs and fish sauce together. Scoop rice to one side of wok, add egg and cook for 2 minutes. Break up omelette and stir it into rice. Serve with nori, wasabi and soy.
Subscribe to my TASTEMADE Makers Subscription service. Click HERE for exclusive content!