Apple Thyme Pork Chops
MAJOR KEY: Make sure you bring the chops to room temperature before cooking.
1 – 1 ½ lbs boneless pork chops
2 tbsp Tastic spice
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1 tsp olive oil
1 ½ cup apple cider
`/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp orange zest
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp Tastic spice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cider glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk to combine. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to LOW and simmer.
- Preheat a medium skillet medium heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Add spice rub ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. It should look like dry paste.
- Dry pork cops then rub good with spice rub mixture. Really massage that meat!
- Sear pork chops on each side for 2-3 minutes until a crust forms and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush with the sauce that’s been simmering and place in oven to until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 150. Baste chops periodically with additional sauce.
- Remove from oven and drizzle chops with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.
*Tastic Spice is available at www.chefjjackson.com