APPLE CINNAMON CREPES
1. You can use regular oats or gluten-free oats.
2. To make oat flour, simply process the oats in a blender or in an electric coffee/spice grinder.
3. Instead of rice flour, you can use any other flour e.g. buckwheat flour, quinoa flour, even all-purpose flour (if not gluten-free). Do not use coconut flour though as it's very absorbent.
4. You can use 80 g of applesauce instead of banana.
- 1 cup oats ground into flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 4 tbsp cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk (360 ml)
- 1 small banana (80 g) (*see recipe notes)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- oil for frying
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Put all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir with a whisk.
2. Process all wet ingredients (except the oil) in a food processor or blender.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir with a whisk to combine.
4. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes. Heat a little bit oil in a small/medium sized non-stick skillet (mine has an inside diameter of 5 1/2 inches).
5. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet, swirl the batter around to coat the pan evenly. Cook for about 2-4 minutes or until you can easily lift a side of the crepe (don't try to flip the crepe too early). After you flipped the crepe, cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
NOTE: After a while, the batter will get thicker, so you might need to add a splash of milk. Continue until you have no batter left.
6. To make the apple filling, put all ingredients in a skillet, stir and let simmer for a few minutes over low/medium heat.
* Tastic Spice is available HERE
Do me a favor? If you decide to be great and make this recipe, take a pic and share it on Instagram and tag me (@mrfoodtastic) and use the hashtag #mrfoodtastic so I can see just how amazing you are. I repost my favorite ones
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE