Major Key: The apples you choose dictate the flavor of the buttah. The sweeter the apple you start with the sweeter the buttah will be. If working with a super sweet apple, reduce the sugar amounts. Make it a few times and play around with the apples and the sugar level. I've even thrown a thimble or two of rum in it just to see if I could get lit eating cornbread and buttah 😜
- 5 lbs. chopped or sliced apples (I like Fuji and Honey Crisp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp fresh cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Tastic Sweet*
- 1 tsp salt
1. Using a cheesecloth, wrap cloves, star anise and cinnamon sticks in a tight bundle.
2. Combine all ingredients, including spice bundle in a small cooker and set it on low.
3. Stir every few hours until apples break down and it reaches the consistency of a smooth buttah 😍
4. You IS done!
SIGN UP FOR FREE RECIPES straight to your inbox HERE